9.05.2011

Deep Dish Pizza



Today was baking day! I've been wanting to make deep dish pizza ever since I ate some in Chicago. I've never made pizza before (I'm pretty new to cooking..), so I found this recipe and used it as a guide. My mom has a bread maker, so we used that to make the dough (used a generic bread recipe for the dough), and then we decided to just put whatever we had laying around to stuff the pizza. Mozzarella cheese on the bottom, tomato sauce (with lots of random herbs and stuff), some hot links, sausage and some leftover tri-tip (experimenting!). The dough didn't stay up on the pans that well.. I guess it needed to be thicker. We baked it for about 20 minutes, since we made two smaller pizzas. The crust could have been better (probably will use a deep dish crust recipe next time), but overall the pizza was delicious!
All the meat toppings we added.
Pizza with sauce before baking.
My first ever slice of homemade deep dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment