9.01.2011

Kirby Chess Set


Earlier this year (when I had a lot of time), I made a Kirby chess set out of polymer clay. The idea actually came a few years ago, when I was watching my friend play chess and doodling at the same time. I ended up drawing each of the pieces as Kirby. My friend reminded me of this recently, and he told me I should actually build the chess set.


To make the pieces, I rolled balls of aluminum foil as the centers, and used polymer clay around it. The bases were polymer clay circles with nickle-sized openings in the bottom. I weighed the bases with melted lead and glued a piece of felt on the bottom of each base. I waited until I sculpted all the pieces to paint the faces on.


The good side (all Kirbies in different chess hats)
The evil side (different Kirby enemies)

1 comment: