9.05.2011

S'more Cupcakes

I made these cupcakes from a combination of recipes from the following sites:

http://www.womansday.com/Recipes/S-more-Cupcakes-Recipe.html (I liked the look of their marshmallow fluff frosting - but I only made a little of it because it won't last long)
http://www.bakerella.com/smore-or-less/ (I liked the two types of cake and the ganache - which I didn't end up making)
http://moogieland.blogspot.com/2011/08/smore-cupcakes.html (same two types of cake as above, and a longer-lasting frosting)

Since I liked a lot of the ideas, I decided to mix and match. So I made some chocolate cupcakes, some graham cracker cupcakes, some two-tone, some with crust, some with marshmallow fluff frosting, some with marshmallow cream cheese frosting, and some with ganache. Basically, you can have fun and make a lot of different types of cupcakes if you have two different batters and a few frosting/topping choices!

I had a lot of leftover batter, so I also made just plain chocolate or graham cracker cupcakes (the graham cracker ones looked like muffins). The two-tonecupcakes were difficult to take out of the pans (the marshmallows stuck to the edges), so I had to use a knife to scrape around the edges. The marshmallow fluff frosting didn't turn out too well.. it was kinda runny and I gave up on trying to toast it, so I just ate the cupcake right away. EDIT: I didn't notice step 6 in the first recipe - for the marshmallow fluff, so I skipped the thickening step. That's why it came out runny. Whoops.
Graham cracker batter.
Chocolate batter.
Graham cracker crumb crust/topping.
The two-tone cupcakes before baking.
After baking!
Marshmallow cream cheese frosting.
My attempt at marshmallow fluff frosting.. came out runny.
The cupcake I ate right away (two-tone, marshmallow fluff).
You can see the graham cracker and chocolate cakes! Can't really see the other layers - graham cracker crust, chocolate chips, more graham cracker crust, marshmallows in the middle...
Graham cracker cupcakes with chocolate chips in the center, topped with chocolate chips (left). Chocolate cupcakes with a graham cracker crust and topped with graham cracker crust (right). Both have marshmallow cream cheese frosting or marshmallow fluff frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment